20 years of cardiovascular innovation at your fingertips
Combining expertise in mechanical, electronics, software engineering, human factors and UI design
Our end-to-end approach to innovation in cardiology means we accelerate time to market across the product development lifecycle – from ideation to pilot product, trials and manufacturing.
We work in close collaboration with our clients in a fast-paced and cost-sensitive market to develop:
- Steerable catheter systems
- Monitoring solutions for structural heart, rhythm management, and vascular applications
- Medical devices for interventional cardiology and electrophysiology
- Insights and strategy, technology assessments, and regulatory support
Developing a radiation free fluoroscopic simulator for user studies
Developed in collaboration with Cambridge Design Partnership, FluoroSim is a digital device replacing x-rays with low-cost visible light, using image manipulation to mimic fluoroscopic imaging without the risks and challenges associated with fluoroscopy.
Enabling real-time monitoring of deep tissue perfusion
Pedra partnered with Cambridge Design Partnership to develop a real-time deep tissue perfusion monitor employing a diffuse optical system to analyze the scatter pattern of coherent laser photons, giving a real-time indication of the movement of blood in all blood vessels.
Developing a range of diagnostic and therapeutic catheter devices
• Steerable ablation catheters
• Measurement devices – including intravascular thermography catheters
• Biopsy catheters – including solid tissue biopsy devices and liquid biopsy catheters capable of collecting multiple samples from precise locations and relative displacements
Award-winning approach to innovation
Recognized by Cook Medical for our work in cardiology and minimally invasive medical device development, we’re proud to have achieved the ‘Excellence in Innovation’ award 2022.